Zoo Med's ReptiSun HO T5 Terrarium Hoods are designed to provide your pet reptiles with the UVB and UVA they need in an efficient, long-lasting lamp. High Output (HO) T5 fluorescent lamps provide UVB penetration at greater distances, making these hoods an ideal choice for taller terrarium tanks and cages.
- Limited Time Only - Includes FREE ReptiSun T5 HO 5.0 UVB Lamp
- New low profile design is only 1" tall with a highly polished curved reflector for increased lamp efficiency
- Energy efficient T5 HO electronic ballast for rapid start and maximum llight & UVB output
The included T5 HO lamp is the strongest ReptiSun lamp available, is 2 times stronger than T8 fluorescent lamps, and provides UVB, UVA and visible light for your reptile. The lighting hood features a low profile design and uses an energy efficient T5 HO electronic ballast for rapid startup and maximum lamp performance. A highly polished curved reflector increases the lamp's efficiency.
Why is UVB important?
Reptiles need UVB for Vitamin D production and calcium metabolism. Without UVB, reptiles can develop Metabolic Bone Disease in 6 months or less. UVB, along with proper temperatures, will enable your reptiles to make Vitamin D and process calcium from their diet.
Why is UVA important?
Reptiles and amphibians can see things that humans can't. UVA is part of the rainbow of colors that reptiles can see. UVA helps to increase animal activity levels, appetite, and reproductive behaviors. Without UVA, they are color blind!
The ReptiSun HO T5 Terrarium Hood is for use with the following lamps:
Reptisun 5.0 HO - 15 watt / 12"
- Designed for use with tropical & temperate reptiles
- For terrariums up to 18" tall
ReptiSun 10.0 T5 HO - 15 watt / 12"
- Designed for use with desert reptiles
- For terrariums up to 30" tall
Always follow all safety instructions when setting up and operating your terrarium light hood.
1-year manufacturer's warranty.